Saturday, November 7, 2009

Getting the hang of it.

Had difficulty getting back into rhythm after Borneo marathon due to loss of fitness and glad to finally find my form again.

November marks the beginning of daily running without resting and I started the week with some minor discomforts. I was cut by a small bit of glass probably, twice over the week and it felt mildly uncomfortable running through it. But as all barefoot runners know, the soles heal at an incredible rate and there was zero pain by weekend.

Week 1 of 9 months base phase ended very comfortably and I am looking forward to 80km next week. Will try to run a little lesser @ 7km once weekly as a form of rest day and at the same time, give my dog some exercise. She is getting bigger at 13 months and a pale shadow of her former aerobic fitness level when I used bring her for runs up to 20km.

No comments:

Post a Comment