Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Base Phase

At first glance, most would get the impression that I am going for a "long holiday" for 9 months during this period of easy running. I beg to differ.

This is a time where I will be increasing the mileage constantly, and will be running more than I ever did before soon. To top it off, I will not be resting a single day till I am done. By March, the mileage will be too high for single sessions and I will have to train twice daily.

This is where I am hoping that by running barefoot exclusively and at a moderate pace, my legs will be able to withstand running at high mileage without sustaining any injury.

By God's grace, I should in the best aerobic condition of my life at the end of Base training and possibly 2kg lighter than my normal racing weight.



No comments:

Post a Comment