Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 2 of 12 (Borneo 09)

Total mileage: 149km in 6 days

Mon - Fri
AM: 7km barefoot
PM: 20km

Sat - Hill runs around 8km, total - 14km


About time I increased mileage. Feeling tired but great in general, getting thinner each time I look in the mirror. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Thurs PM: 7km fast, 13km slow.
Although joints felt the increased mileage, legs seem to be getting stronger.

Fri AM: Getting used to barefooting, steady pace.

Sat AM: Met up with a new friend for some steep hills. Never thought downhills could be so hard, he was pretty impressive. This certainly adds a new dimension to my workouts. If I do this often enough, I think I might even surprise myself for the marathon. Had initial planned to run around 160km for this week, but the downhills totally annihilated me. Good progress so far.

With regards to barefooting, I can feel the ankles getting stronger. This protected me from a sprain many times when I stepped on uneven ground.


2 comments: